Thursday, October 11
5 - 9 PM
This month's Art Mix celebrates the harvest with a delicious mix of food, art, and funk. Rock out to roots-rock-soul phenomenon The Nibblers, support local growers at a mini farmers' market presented by the Oak Park Farmers' Market (a NeighborWorks Sacramento project), sample a cornucopia of fresh treats at a tasting table presented by the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op. Collaborate on interactive art-making and enjoy demos with Linda Fitzgibbon, fruit carving with Oliver Tanner, learn urban farming tips at a green living resource fair, and feast your eyes on food-themed art in the galleries on docent-led tours.
Free with Museum admission.
On Second Thursdays the Crocker cuts loose with Art Mix - a creative mix of art, music, cocktails, and you. Art Mix is part of the program series Thursdays 'til 9.
5 – 8:30 PM - Courtyard
• Organic Food Tasting with the Sacramento Natural Foods Coop
• Artist Linda Fitz-Gibbon showcases her work and teaches ceramic food-making
• Wine Tasting from local vineyards by the Crocker Cafe by Supper Club - Friedman Court
5 – 9 PM - Courtyard
• Mini Farmers' Market presented by Oak Park Farmers' Market (a NeighborWorks Sacramento Project)
• Urban Farming and Green Living Resource Fair
5:30 - 8:30 PM - Courtyard
• Fruit Carving with Oliver Tanner
6 – 8:15 - Courtyard
• Funk-soul music by The Nibblers
6:45 & 8:00 PM - Leaving from the Admission Desk
• Delectable guided tours of food and farm themed art on view at the Crocker
This program is part of Artober, a city-wide event sponsored by For Art's Sake.