Led by trained docents and teaching artists, students explore artworks in the galleries and create their own art using media and techniques discussed during the tour. All art supplies are provided.
- Available Tuesday through Friday at 10 & 11 AM. Workshops must be booked four weeks in advance.
- Maximum group size is 35 students and one chaperone is required for every eight students.
- Up to two programs may be scheduled per day (excluding Art in the Digital Age).
- All themes are $275 per workshop, except for Art in the Digital Age and Tour + Sketching, which are $175 per workshop. Educators and required chaperones are free. Additional chaperones are $6 per person.
- Each student receives a Free Family Pass, which enables him or her to return to the Museum, free of charge, with up to four people.
- Booking & Information: Call 916.808.1182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Educators who book a Tour + Art Workshop will receive a free Educator Preview Pass in their confirmation packet, which is good for free admission for two people. Educators are strongly encouraged to preview Museum exhibitions to shape the most successful learning experiences for their students.
2013-14 Tour + Art Workshop themes:
Mixed Media Collage NEW!
Learn the basics of composition and make a collage using a variety of materials.
Art in the Digital Age (Available January 2014) NEW!
Dive into different aspects of new media and then work in groups to create a storyline and a stop motion animated video.
Explore shape and form in a variety of artworks and construct a 3-D sculpture.
Tour + Sketching
Guided by a teaching artist, students will investigate different kinds of art, learn basic drawing techniques, and sketch in the galleries.