Art Across the Curriculum Tours
- Each student receives a Free Family Pass, which enables him or her to return to the Museum, free of charge, with up to four people.
Educators who book a Guided Museum Tour will receive a free Educator Preview Pass in their confirmation packet, which is good for free admission for two people. Educators are strongly encouraged to preview Museum exhibitions to shape the most successful learning experiences for their students.
2013-14 Art Across the Curriculum Tour themes:
"A" is for Art
Grades Pre-K & K (ages 4-6)
In this adventurous tour, early learners play, imagine, move, and explore while learning key educational concepts such as sorting and sequencing along with shape, letter, and
symbol recognition. Positive social skills and language-based interactions are also reinforced.
- Maximum group size per hour is 35 students, and one chaperone is required for every eight students (for Pre-K, one chaperone is required for every six students).
- 45 minutes in length.
- $3 per student for groups in Sacramento County and $5 per student for groups outside of Sacramento County. Educators and required chaperones are free and additional chaperones are $6 per person.
- Maximum group size is 80 students.
- Approximately three hours in length (including lunch on your own).
- $5 per student for groups in Sacramento County and $7 per student for groups outside of Sacramento County.
Available 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, February through April
Sacramento’s most famous attractions. First stop is the California State Railroad Museum where students learn how the railroad transformed the state. Take a short train ride over to the Crocker Art Museum, the first public museum west of the Mississippi River, where students get a broader view of California history, natural beauty, and art.
Maximum group size is 80 students.
Approximately three hours in length (including lunch on your own). $10 per person.