- Content may be customized to fit specific curricula (based on availability).
- Presentations are 50 to 90 minutes and the maximum group size is 35.
- The fee is $20 per presentation.
- A limited number of fee waivers are acailable for Title I schools.
- Presentations may be coordinated with a visit to the Museum, or with a visit by the Art Ark.
- Presentations must be booked four weeks in advance and are scheduled according to availability.
- Each student receives a Free Family Pass, which enables him or her to visit the Museum, free of charge, with up to four people.
Students will be introduced to diverse works of art and explore how artists use the basic elements of art: line, color, shape, value, form, and space. Students will investigate how artists imaginatively employ these elements to tell stories with art.
Groups will be introduced to the Crocker Art Museum and its history while discovering treasures of the Museum's collections and current exhibitions. For groups planning a Museum visit, this presentation is an excellent preview.
With an emphasis on California's rich and dynamic history, this presentation features works by 19th, 20th, and 21st century California artists depicting social change, community life, and the diverse cultures and traditions found in California.
This presentation looks at the different genres of art:landscapes, portraits, still lifes and scenes from everyday life. Groups will compare realistic and abstract art and learn about three-dimensional art such as sculpture and ceramics.