Curriculum Enrichment Guides
These Curriculum Enrichment Guides were created to help you plan your visit to the Crocker and integrate art into classroom curricula. These helpful guides include images, lesson plans, and background information on artworks in the Crocker's collection.
The Crocker's School + Educator programs are designed to satisfy key learning outcomes addressed in the Common Core State Standards. Download this one-sheet for more information.
Talk the Talk!
Activities giving your students the words they need as they experience the Crocker Art Museum. The contents include:
- Glossary of art terms
- Collection of lessons for learning art vocabulary
- Printable vocabulary activity pages
Walk the Walk
Where to find some of the Museum’s most popular artworks, and exciting ways to engage with them. The contents include:
- Printable multiple choice quiz that directs a discussion about museum etiquette
- Suggestions for role playing activities
- Two writing lesson plans, one for younger students and one for older
Activities preparing you and your students to feel at home during your museum visit. The contents include:
- “Top Ten” list of the Museum’s artworks, along with brief descriptions and suggestions for enjoying them.
- Tips for discussing any piece of art with students, including the describe-analyze-interpret-judge-connect pattern and sample questions.
- Museum map showing the locations of the ten artworks described above.
Get Ready...Get Set...
Planning your students’ visit to the Crocker Art Museum. The contents include:
- Helpful hints for a successful museum outing with your students that includes things to do before, during, and after your visit
- Set of printable planning tools for organizing and outlining your class visit
- Collection of games and activities to help your students engage with the artworks they’re viewing